Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Netflix cancelled but being charged £11.99

I had a Netflix subscription of 5.99 a month paid for on my credit card.  I cancelled this in December 2019.  Last week I received an email from Virgin Media stating that Netflix had requested that my subscription was taken via Direct Debit.  I thought this to be a attempted scam of some sort as I checked my Netflix account and it is showing as cancelled and still is to this day.  I received notification of my next VM bill and it has a charge for £11.99 on there for Netflix even though I don't have the service and can't use it.  I used online chat with Netflix who confirmed that my account was cancelled and couldn't explain why I was being charged and I should speak to Virgin Media to get either a Service Code or the email address of the account that Virgin thinks has access to Netflix.

I was on the phone waiting for 2 hours (obviously due to the current situation so I take that on board) when I spoke to a very rude lady in Customer Services who said that basically it is nothing to do with Virgin and the only email address on the account was the correct one attached to the cancelled Netflix account.  She also informed me that there was no Service code on the account, then placed me on hold without telling me then proceeded to cut me off.

I am now in a position where I am paying £11.99 a month for a Service I don't have with no way of cancelling. 

Please can anyone offer any advice on what I should do next as I am out of places to turn.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix cancelled but being charged £11.99

Bumping this as I and many others are having this same problem. Virgin is billing people on behalf of Netflix but between them nobody can provide a way of cancelling this charge.

Absolutely disgusting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's a complete shambles. I've had this problem since November 2019. 

I've managed to get the charge removed and refunded twice by Virgin, but you just have to hope you get through to someone who knows what they are doing. When they remove the charge it just gets re-applied the following month, every other time I've been told to contact Netflix. 

Virgin obviously have a huge problem with security/data protection, just look at the amount of people on here who have the same problem. Virgin just say you must have signed up through Tivo or My Virgin Media.......Virgin are either incompetent or just don't want to admit there is a problem.

I've once again received my latest bill and it's got a £11.99 netflix subscription on it 😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Bumping this again as I have created an account here after having the exact same issue.

Signed up to Netflix via the V6 box and was being billed 11.99.

Cancelled the Netflix account with Netflix in Feb and am still being changed by VM.

Spoke to VM on the phone - they said it was a Netflix issue.

Spoke to Netflix who have confirmed the plan was cancelled in Feb and no further activity has taken place.

Still being charged 11.99.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi chez3,

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the Netflix issue.

I'll be happy to see what I can do here. I'll send you a PM now so we can discuss this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Although I'm no longer being charged for Netflix,  I still haven't been refunded the 11.99 that Virgin fraudulently took from me for Netflix.

When will this he refunded?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Lufcnil.

Were you made aware how the Netflix was added to the account? 

When added through us Netflix confirm this is added on their side and then the charge is simply sent to us from Netflix.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. Nobody told me anything apart from it disappeared and I got an email from Virgin informing me that it had been removed.  However, I was still charged for a month I didn't have access.

Let me be clear the Netflix account was never paid by DD and was only the cheapest option and never 11.99. It was cancelled and i went about 4 months with no charges then an 11.99 charge appeared on my DD to Virgin out of the blue. Netflix blamed Virgin, Virgin blamed Netflix but at the end of the day I've had 11.99 stolen from me. 

More the principle and worry about Virgin's lack of security (we are all aware of the data breach that occurred earlier this year,) than the cost.

Therefore referring back to my original question; when do I get my £11.99 credited back to my account? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The data breach wouldn't have included information to enable someone else to add a Netflix account to your account as this would need to be done with your Tivo box. 

If this is noted to be added on the account through this method the charges would stand, does anyone else have access to the box to add this? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Nobody added it to the box. Netflix confirmed that this was the only email address that they had an account for on this service and that account had been cancelled 4 months prior. 

If you care to look at other threads this has occurred to several other Virgin users. 

I've almost resigned myself to never getting this back and, after checking Virgin's 86 % 1 star reviews on Trustpilot, having been with them for several years (possibly 20 +) through cable and wireless and NTL, I'll certainly be looking at changing providers at the contract end date. 

Thanks

0 Kudos