Menu
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lignting

Is it just me? Over the past few years I have found that I have had to close the curtains and make my living room as dark as possible just to see what is happening on the screen. Have all the TV companies cut back drastically on their lighting budgets? They must go through their final process in a room that does not have any natural daylight.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lignting

Hi.
If you are having to make the room darker to see the picture then there is either something wrong with the box or your tv. It may just be the brightness setting on the tv itself.
Have you try a picture from another source eg dvd player to see if it is the same.

Thanks

Scott

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

perhaps I should have explained it better. it is only when the scenes are filmed in lower light, like a night scene. the most surprising one was in the walking dead when 2 characters ran into a boarded up building, I could hear the action but could only see a reflection of my living room on the TV screen. I paused the programme, closed the curtains, rewound a bit and was completely gobsmacked when one of them lit a torch! it just annoys me that I have to darken the room if I want to watch some tv programmes during the day. watching live sport or a studio show is fine so I very much doubt that my box or TV is at fault.

0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's not just on Virgin Media.

I know people with other company's that I have seen the same as you are describing. Not sure if it is the newer Tv's or as you saying the makers of the programs.

Anyway, this is not an issue that we can sort on here.

Thanks

Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@petersladdie wrote:

perhaps I should have explained it better. it is only when the scenes are filmed in lower light, like a night scene. the most surprising one was in the walking dead when 2 characters ran into a boarded up building, I could hear the action but could only see a reflection of my living room on the TV screen. I paused the programme, closed the curtains, rewound a bit and was completely gobsmacked when one of them lit a torch! it just annoys me that I have to darken the room if I want to watch some tv programmes during the day. watching live sport or a studio show is fine so I very much doubt that my box or TV is at fault.

Its a common complaint about this and other series, & is nothing to do with the TV platforms themselves:

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/news/the-walking-dead-dark-scenes-fix-complain-explained/

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos