Menu
Bhaven
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Distorted tv. Pixelated

Hi there,  I'm unable to contact anyone at virgin support; there seems to be a maze of options designed to get customers back out of the support system. Hopefully. I can get some help here. My TV picture is distorted and I've tried switching it off, tightening the connections etc. Also there appears to be no fault in my area. I would be grateful if anyone has a fix or if a mod can get an engineer out. I might need a new box. Thanks for any help offered. 

0 Kudos
Bhaven
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Distorted tv

Hi, I'm having issues with my TV box. It's distorted and pixelated. It's ok when I switch it off, works for a bit and then same problem arises. No known issues in the area. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted tv. Pixelated

Firstly please don't create multiple posts for the same issue, it can cause confusion.. I've merged them together for you 🙂

Distorted & broken pictures are nearly always the symptom of a signal issue somewhere, which is itself a fault. If you've rebooted the box once, and there's no area fault showing, then it is probably either a fault on your indidividual cabling or box - VM can identify which, and resolve it appropriately, once you report it.

Reporting to TV Faults (150, or 0345 4541111) is the quickest way - forum staff work through threads on here, but it can take a few days - during which time you could have a fix in-hand (or even completed) if you call in.

Either way, and in the meantime, are there any specific or particular channels affected? (including HD/SD), as this may help ID the problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted tv

Thanks for the post Bhaven.

Can we please confirm how your services are looking today?

If you're still having some issues could we please confirm if you've turned the box off, checked all the cables running between the Hub, Tivo box and TV are secure before switching this back on? 

Let us know how this goes.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos