Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service has all but dissapeared

I fully accept that Covid 19 is causing shortages in Virgins Call Centres but there appears to be no point of contact at all.  

I renewed my contract last month and Amazon Prime was included in the deal.  However the code VM supplied is invalid.   

Ive tried calling several departments  all waste my time through taking me through the automated security but you end up with the message that they are closed.  This applies to Faults, Accounts & Customer retentions.

I tried registering a complaint Online - that was 9 days ago and not even an acknowledgement.  

Ive tried their Chat service and that just keeps saying come back after 8:30am yet I try it during daytime hours.

VM are still happily collecting the DD for ALL services but not providing them all with no means of contact.   Ive been through all of the help pages but none available to cover the Amazon Prime Code.  It needs some human contact but its seems that ALL of their staff have gone home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Customer Service has all but dissapeared

Hi,

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This was eventually helpful.  The text service eventually got me a solution after two attempts.   However the help sections on the Virgin Website are not in any way useful,.  When searching for help their database makes ridiculous assumptions of what you have written and leads you down a fruitless path. 

Firstly they need to get their phone lines sorted - if you dial 150, whatever option or department you choose it asks you to go through security after which you are told that the department you need its closed due to Covid 19.   This happens on EVERY department - you don't need to go through security to be told that there is absoloubtly no help whatsoever on the phone - they just need to change the message at the top of the call to tell yuou to go to their website or give the text help number.

When you get to their website they need to give you a list of problems - if none of those problems are prevalent they need to give the text help number there and then to save you wasting more time.

Equally their chat service is a waste of time    I logged onto chat at 4pm one evening and still they hadn't replie by 10am the following morning and left the enquiry just hanging after acknowledging you were there -COMPLETE timewasting.

I fully accept that they are short staffed due to Covid 19 but their set up is poorly managed.  They could do a lot better.   It took me several hours over several days to get a resolution to an administrative error o their part sorted.

Virgin Media have completely lost my respect.  I only updated my deal in March and now regret it.   Their directors in my view don't give a dammed about customer service and I will be going to SKY or another provider when this contract expires.  2nd Rate 3rd World Custpmer Service from poorly supported staff.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Has VM Customer Service Completely Dissappeared

Im not going to renew my contract with VM when it comes up for review.  Their Customer Service has all but dissapeared.

At the end of March I made a complaint to them.   Yesterday I received a letter saying that they had tried calling me without success which is not true.  

They asked me to send the complaint reference to a specific text number and they would call me back.  

20 hours later and an exchange of 53 texts we have got no further.   Now the texts have stop responding.  

I think that Virgin Media have completely given up on Customer Service.    My son is with Sky and had an issue last week and managed to get through to a real human being and got his issue sorted quickly. 

i think ALL of the managers and Directors of Virgin Media have all packed up and gone home and switched all if their devices off leaving some ill equipped inexperienced staff on the the end of a text number.  

When the complaints process starts to become a bigger problem than the matter one originally complained about its tine to start looking at taking your business elsewhere.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But if you have a problem with your phone or SIM have can you send a text. I waited 35 mins and got an answer and a new SIM sent, but so often they do not put you in the queue, just say I did not hear that, good bye. I now have another problem as the SIM is not recognised. 

Come on Virgin, even in theses bat time with folks working from home others do speak to they customers.

0 Kudos