Menu
kirksteruk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit never absorbing into bills

Hi,

I joined Virgin last September and was offered £125 credit to leave my existing provider - great I thought!

Ever since the credit I received never went against any of my bills. I have called up twice and on two bills I didn't have to pay (approx £60), but I had to ring up each time. On both occasions I was told the issue was "sorted". However it wasn't, and ever since then my bill is constantly full-price despite having £65 left. This was never sorted. Yesterday I rang up having to wait 30 mins, was told quickly I would receive an email within 3-4 hours which never came. 

I can't keep affording to ring up so used "Chat" at which point your advisor questioned me over how much credit I was supposed to have and the reason why... if I have been offered credit how come I can't use it and I've never received it in writing?? This was not helpful at all and a waste of time as I had to wait approx 7 mins per text. 

I will be leaving your provider if this isn't solved fast, have to say the broadband is amazing but I have losing money and it seems your customer service aren't helpful enough to get the issue resolved.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit never absorbing into bills

Thanks for posting kirksteruk and welcome to our community.

Can I ask which channel you joined Virgin Media through?  Also which team promised the issue of the missing credit was resolved?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
kirksteruk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I joined Virgin Media after salesmen in the area approached me and said they would buy me out of my existing contract with BT by giving me credit to leave them. I rang the Sales team and they offered me £125. 

It was the accounts team who handled the support request. At least two customer service ops said that the issue would be resolved for future and that the credit would come off my bills, and it hasn't. So this has failed in several areas. 

I should have around £60 left and it looks like I'll never be able to use it. 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for explaining. 

I'd need to take a look at your account to understand what has happened here and to help you. 

I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa