Menu
JonBW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Continuing Issues with broadband and tv

I have had two engineers (including a senior engineer) onsite to try to resolve issues with TV pixelation on our two boxes and our router dropping service and rebooting numerous times a day.

Just as I was going to raise the issue again I received a letter stating that my monthly fee would be rising and I have up until 27th Sept to cancel my contract without having to pay any cancellation fees.

Have just spoken to another useless call centre worker who was unable to meet this cancellation and said I would have to pay £160 as an early termination fee.

The letter clearly states :"if you decide you'd rather change or cancel your package, no problem"

He offered to remove the additional £4 a mth charge in order to nullify the letter received re the account.

He wouldn't discuss the mater further, nor put me through to someone who could help me despite repeated requests. 

If I had a useable service, I wouldn't mind continuing with the contract but I don't want to go through another cycle of engineers visits, a fix for a few weeks, and then back to square one again, by which stage I won't have the option of negating my existing contract. 

Any help would be gratefully received. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuing Issues with broadband and tv

Just insist on your cancellation. They HAVE to waive fees as they have put prices up.

@ModTeam  can someone liaise and (yet again) sort out the inadequacies of 1st line support?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

JonBW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies, as with my previous issues I am hoping to get speaking to someone in the UK tomorrow. 

That way at least they will have more than the ounce of sense that the foreign call centre employee had. Based on my experience over the past few months if any of them were in customer relations / sales the business would go under very quickly. They have their script to follow and cannot deviate no matter what is asked of them and just exaperate an already bad experience. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

With luck the guys and gals on here can help, even if it does result in your cancellation. As a paying customer, same as you, my concern is you have your rights respected and get what you are entitled to.

There is, of course the other option, if you want us to troubleshoot your connection we can do that instead of, or as well as, your cancellation.

I get you are probably not in the mood, but it may give you further ammunition f the connection is impaired (which I suspect it is)

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
JonBW
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

With the issues I have I would like to push for cancellation. Have ran a speed test on a few occasions over the past hour and the best download has been 14.7mbps, the last test was 9.7 mbps with a faster upload! Being positive, the router hasn't fallen over on the past hour but still getting random pixelation 

If I need to go down the troubleshoot / diagnostic route I have 12 days left in my supposed cancellation period

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My apologies for this JonBW,

We don't deal with cancellations here but I can certainly arrange for the feedback to be sent.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kr283
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you manage to cancel? I've got the same problem and had 2 engineer visits. I try to cancel on the phone but no one ever picks up I just get put on hold for over 20 minutes at a time. I must be able to cancel if I'm not receiving the service I pay for and I'm out of the contracted period. I am not getting anywhere with this.

0 Kudos