Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connect satellite tv

I’m trying to connect a Samsung satellite tv to our satellite receiver but am getting no signal when I search for channels. On the outside of the house I have the receiver, a wire coming down and going into the wall, as well as the virgin box for fibre broadband. On the inside of the house, I just have the virgin box with a satellite cable connector. I have a satellite cable with a splitter, one to my virgin router, the other to the tv. Will this work? I had assumed the satellite wire fed into the virgin box but am now wondering if when virgin installed fibre to this property have they removed the connection to the satellite receiver? Therefore is my only option to get a virgin tv box?  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connect satellite tv

You cannot connect a satellite feed to a V6 box it will not work if the Tv you have is a Smart Tv you should be able to connect satellite dish cable directly into the Tv then do a channel scan if no channels appear you will need to get the dish alignment and cable run checked. How long since you last used the dish ?

0 Kudos