Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cant connect iPad to smart TV to watch TV to go.

Trying to connect my iPad to smart TV using digital AV adapter and HDMI cable. This connects but when I go to Virgin ToGo get a message which says:

Sorry -cannot connect using HDMI  Any suggestions as to how I can do this. Want to watch on big screen rather than small iPad!

0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant connect iPad to smart TV to watch TV to go.

Shemara,

TVGO is not designed for use on another TV. You would need to sign up for an extra set top box.

You could download and use the TVGO app on a desktop/laptop for a larger screen experience.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You could try this. My daughter does similar for her Macbook - but not sure whether it works if using TvGo on the device.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/connect-ipad-tv-3528571/

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've previously used an HDMI cable from my laptop to the TV, however picture isn't as sharp as on the laptop

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos