Menu
Robin_66
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot register for MyVirginMedia account as I do not have broadband contract

Just spent more than 3 hours on chat session with someone in India because of problems registering for a MyVirginMedia account.

In the setup process, I had to create a Virgin email address in order to get the information back to me etc... When I tried to login to the Email system it said that I needed to put in my 'MyVirginMedia' user credentials: which I then put in, but it then told me that I needed to reply to the 'UserName Confirmation' email: BUT, of course, as it transpires, the only way to get into the Email system is to use your 'MyVirginMedia' credentials: and of course, when I try my MyVirginMedia credentials I'm told that I need to respond to the UserName Credential Confirmation email that has been sent to me: BUT OF COURSE I CANNOT GET INTO THE EMAIL SYSTEM TO READ THAT EMAIL..... As you can appreciate, this is totally frustrating.

So, I have now spent close to 3 hours on a chat session with someone in India to find out in the end that I AM NOT ALLOWED to have a MyVirginMedia account unless I have a broadband avount also with Virgin.

There's no information to that effect on the website, and no-one wants to tell you that at all. What a load of rubbish in this day and age.

Why do I need to give Virgin cash for a broadband connection in order to access my account information on line - using a standard browser etc. on my phone????

I've got to say that the Virgin Service teally sucks.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot register for MyVirginMedia account as I do not have broadband contract

Hi Robin_66,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry that you're having problems registering for an online account. I can appreciate this is frustrating. 

You can set up an account if you have any of our services, so don't worry about that. 

Can you try registering for an account with an alternative email address and let me know if that works?

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Robin_66
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot register for MyVirginMedia account as I do not have broadband contract

Hi Melissa,

I've setup an alternate email address [GMail] and then tried to setup a MyVirginMedia account again. It failed. It failed because as far as the system is concerned, I already have a MyVirginMedia account - with the Virgin Email address that I cannot get to - and it asks me to go to that email address. so back to square one.

Totally stymied.

Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Robin_66
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

I've setup an alternate email address [GMail] and then tried to setup a MyVirginMedia account again. It failed. It failed because as far as the system is concerned, I already have a MyVirginMedia account - with the Virgin Email address that I cannot get to - and it asks me to go to that email address. so back to square one.

Totally stymied.

Any other thoughts?
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robin_66,

Thanks for coming back to us. We really appreciate you trying to register with an alternative address. With your permission I will certainly take a look at this for you and see if we can get around this.

As I will need to access your account details I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos