cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

Cymraes68
Joining in

Hi.  I had a Netflix account but somehow I now have a Netflix account with Virgin, so paying twice.  When I tried to cancel the Virgin one I was told to talk to Netflix.  When I talk to Netflix they only have my original account on record and not the Virgin one so are unable to cancel it.  When I log into Netflix, I can only see my original account.  Last night I spoke to Virgin and Netflix twice each and still have not been able to cancel as both are saying it is down to the other.  Can anyone help?

100 REPLIES 100

infidel
Dialled in

I clicked onto Netflix icon on my Virgin set top box for a months basic service £5.99 over the Christmas period It now seems I have locked myself into some kind of contract with Netflix as Virgin keep taking payments. Netflix have no knowledge of this account as I never made one and have no intentions doing so. Surely its virginmedia responsibility for my account they just should not hand my money over to another service without my permission      

Hi infidel

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention

We did team up with Netflix to allow Netflix Customers to be charged onto one bill . If you can check your bank now as you shouldn't have 2 separate payments going out just the one from us.

If you like I can cancel the Netflix from our side and you can make the payment as you have originally 

Let me know what it is that you wish to do please 

Gareth_L

We have a very similar problem.

Our 8yr old managed to log out of Netflix.  Rather than tell us, it seems he managed to register for a new account via Virgin Media.  I would like to know how this happened!  Essentially we have been paying for the same service twice.

Been on to Netflix, they say they have cancelled the account but to ensure no further payments we need to cancel it via Virgin.  How do we do this.  Also how long have we been paying!!  

Hi pjbrooks,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with the Netflix account. If Netflix have cancelled the account for you then this will be cancelled as there isn't anything further we can do. 

Concerning the amount of payments taken we can certainly look into that for you for you.

What I will do is private message you so we can pass some data protection and discuss this further. 

^Martin

genowash
Joining in

I don't have a virgin tv box to sign up I also don't have a netflix account yet am still being billed through virgin how do I cancel this payment

See my posts I had a similar experience virgin media took £8.99 from me while I was paying Netflix, so paying twice. Good luck in trying to resolve the issue... seems it will be everyone’s fault be yours I have a complaint in “resolution to check Netflix billing but I don’t expect to receive my money back.

I'm having exactly the same problem. 

I have my Ultra Netflix account @£11.99 a month taken straight off my Debit Card. No problems with this and I want that Netflix account.

We also somehow have a Netflix account @£8.99 a month that we are being billed for by Virgin. Now, it's entirely possible that someone got mixed up and subscribed twice to Netflix but the second £8.99 account is not attached in any way to my Netflix account and the money is took through our Virgin Media bill.We sent all our Virgin TV boxes back a couple of months ago and changed our contract to Broadband ONLY.....still get £8.99 took out by VIRGIN through a VIRGIN BILL for a Netflix service we can't possibly watch.

Netflix cannot cancel it as they cannot identify it  - it's not linked to my Netflix account.

Following the Virgin Help links to somehow rectify this doesn't work. The Netflix recovery link just goes through to the normal MyVirgin page with no mention whatsoever of Netflix. 

You may need to go into your Netflix account and change your password. There was a letter/ mail from Virgin regarding a breach of security although they said no personal information had been taken.

Firstly I would suggest you cancel Netflix and then reinstate it the day after your contract ends. Ensure your Netflix password has been changed. You may have had your Netflix account hacked. As with me you will have difficulty getting any money back from Virgin.

I believe Virgin Media has some responsibility in that they worked an agreement to coordinate billing for Netflix in some cases.

jbarbosa
Joining in

Same issue here. 

Restarted my netflix subscription a couple of weeks ago with my billing through paypal. After a couple of days I received an email from Virgin saying that my netflix subscription was added to my Virgin billing and if I wanted to change anything I would need to go to my netflix account. obviously my netflix account was still attached to paypal and no signs of virgin media or anything. I have already tried to contact netflix and they weren't helpful at all but at least I was able to get to chat with someone. Can't say the same about Virgin. I have ended up canceling my netflix subscription and I am sure I am going to be double charged this month and no one is going to refund me. just hope that canceling my account will do something.

Also, I only have internet service from virgin but I had my netflix account on my tv box a few months ago before I dropped my tv service. and my netflix email account is the same as the one on my virgin account.

figure this out guys. I am happy customer for a few years now and this is just an issue that you could just solve by removing the addon from the billing and let us sort it out with netflix. if the netflix subscription goes down, I don't care, at least you are not taking my money.

Hi jbarbosa, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with this. 

If you do wish to cancel a Netflix subscription that is attached through out billing system you would need to contact Netflix themselves. 

^Martin