Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel my contract please

All I want is to give the 30 day notice to cancel my existing contract (due to expire next month)...

404 on the Virigin help pages:
https://www.virginmedia.com/contact

Managed to get on chat and was redirected by Jay to the 'appropriate' team and been waiting now for over an hour with no response... I understand the whole coronavirus situation... but still I don't have hours to sit and wait and I feel I should be able to have the cancel option available... 

Any suggestions?

I don't want my current contract to roll on. I want it cancelled. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel my contract please

To the best of my knowledge, this can only be done via calling in over the phone.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Aaron.

Nice one... Why not let the customer cancel via option in their account management, like in the case of any other subscription?

Netflix, GiffGaff, insurance companies, etc give you this option... I really don't have time to sit on the phone for god knows how long to cancel the god damn contract.

Sorry but I think this whole Virgin Customer Service is preposterous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

then you shouldn't have signed a contract that can only be cancelled by phone or post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying to be funny?

How about the perfectly reasonable question/suggestion: 

Why not let the customer cancel via option in their account management, like in the case of any other subscription?

Netflix, GiffGaff, insurance companies, etc give you this option...

You shouldn't have signed... That's your lousy answer to it? Like I knew it would be this hard? This is what you do with your customers? Make their life harder? Seriously mate?

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's pretty stupid.  I did however get thr on the 1st  call from 150 it rang once then the unhelpfully women was there.  I pressed option 1 1 4 4.    Where I was offered a 75p discount to cut movies/bb speed/landline package and sign a new 12month contract or I'd have to pay £40 extra a month.       Handed in notice got called the next day and offered a £10 discount and to keep every thing I had.    It should be available via chat/app imho 

0 Kudos