Menu
DavidARiley
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC

For those of us who are sick and tired of the bias of the BBC and wish to terminate their TV licence, is it possible to exclude all BBC channels from our Virgin packet?

If not at the moment, I would urge you to make this choice available.

The alternative would be to close our TV package.

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC

You need a TV licence if you watch any form of live TV, even if you don't ever watch the BBC. Removing BBC channels is not something any provider offers as it would have no effect; a licence would still be required. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ANY household watching or recording live television in the UK must hold a TV licence..

If you watch or record shows as they're being shown on telly in the UK ('live TV'), you need to be covered by a TV licence, irrespective of which channel. 

The licence is NOT for BBC , it is for ALL broadcast channels.

It also applies if you're watching or streaming shows live on services such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, and more.

In addition, the rules apply even if you don't watch the shows on an actual TV - for example, if you watch programmes live on a PC, laptop, tablet or phone.

You could set up a channel list of favourites and exclude the BBC channels, but you would still need to pay the licence fee.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DavidARiley
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Shall have to wait till the TV License fee is ended altogether then, which hopefully will happen in the near future. The BBC is a disgrace.

0 Kudos