Menu
Kenb7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2 different boxes

Just moved into a new house and finally got the extra box sorted out, but they have sent a different model main box is the new 360 and the other box is a v6 box. Is this right or should they both be the same? 
can I still watch the recordings from the other box, hope this makes sense. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2 different boxes

You can't mix TiVo/V6 & V360 on the same account - it's one or the other but not both. And I'd like to think if you'd got V360 you'd know about it. The V360 runs on the same hardware as the V6, but completely different software.

Did you bring your TV service from your old address with you? Or are you a new customer with "no previous"? Brand new customers are being given V360 as a matter of course, but if you're an existing customer on the TiVo/V6 platform, it's not possible to change to V360 without very specific circumstances applying - and you being aware of it.

You can view the different TV boxes here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kenb7
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 different boxes

The main box is definitely better and different this is the v360 box that the engineer set up on the install visit. Was a bit of a mix up during the moving process had 2 v6 boxes at my old address which was collected back when we sold up, the move to the new place got delayed by 6 months due to COVID.
they then only put one box on the new subscription until I called to ask why after install (my fault didn’t check the paperwork) to which they sent the v6 box but without a remote. We now have a remote and set it up today and it’s the v6 setup. 

0 Kudos