Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

v6 keeps rebooting

Hi all, when i go out i turn everything off expect for the router, my own cloud,the fridge and the v6 box. when i get back i turn everything i need back on, but the v6 box keeps rebooting when i turn the tv back on. is this normal or just somethings else weird with the v6 box. Samsung tv with the seperate box for all your connections.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 keeps rebooting

Hi if you are turning the V6 off at the mains, don't it's not a good thing to do as it's taking data all the time, so if you do that it has to start from scratch, as for the fridge that is just stupid (I hope that was your idea of a joke).Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I "think" he said he switches everything off - "EXPECT (sic) for the V6& fridge and other stuff.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lol, sorry about the spelling mistake, no i leave on the v6,router,fridge and my owu cloud
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi boysim34,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your V6 box, we can certainly look to resolve this for you.

I've had a look at the backend of your equipment and can't see any major issues, although there are a number of pre-RS issues which may be the reason the box is rebooting itself. If it's able to resolve these with a reboot, it then thinks of the problem as resolved, even if it comes back further down the line.

I'd like you to try manually connecting to the network by following these steps: press Home on your remote > select Help & Settings > select Settings > select Network > select Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

If this is no good, have you tried a hard reboot by switching it off using the switch on the back, or at the wall?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for all reply's, it was something I was doing. I was turning the wired internet connection off, something simple. 

0 Kudos