cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZeeTV HD was due 13th Jan... still not here?

Topbloke
Up to speed

Hi can a staff member maybe check into this for me, I would appreciate it.

ZeeTV channel has been advertising via its commercials for the past 3-4 weeks that ZeeTV HD is coming to 809 virgin media on Thursday 13th January (today), but looking at 809 it still is not updated to HD, even the channel info does not have the HD logo which is found on other Indian HD channels.

I also checked the favourites to see if the new channel has been added to another channel number but nothing on the list.

Here is the advert that has been playing for past 3-4 few weeks in UK here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkNboPiX4Uk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Topbloke wrote:
I have a feeling VM have forgotten to switch it on for V6 box owners or its a technical issue, especially if 360 box owners can see it already in HD.

The channel feeds are identical regardless of TiVo, V6 or 360.

The only difference is that 360 software hides the SD version of a channel and replaces it with HD, should a customer have both available in their package - subject to obvious exceptions like BBC1 in England)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Topbloke
Up to speed

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Topbloke 

It's showing the HD logo on my 360. I can't check any programs as I don't subscribe to the channel.

Have you tried rebooting your V6, or reconnecting to the internet to update the EPG?

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have checked Zee TV and it is still SD on the V6.

When watching the channel the onscreen dog in top-left says "Zee TV HD" on the HD service and "Zee TV" on SD - the later is how my V6 appears.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

thx I did update the box and also did a hard reset and rebooted the box and its still showing Zeetv but not in HD.

Favourites is the same.

if a Virgin Media staff member can however check into it, would appreciate it thanks.

Hi Topbloke

Thanks for your post 

Just to confrim we have Zee Tv in SD on channel 809

And Zee Cinema in HD on channel 810

It may be the Broadcaster has this in HD and we haven't been given the option to broadcast this 

Gareth_L

Hi @Gareth_L

Thanks for getting back to me, if you check a few post above mine, one 360 box customer confirmed its showing HD logo for him already, but he has not subscribed to the channel so can't fully see it in person. Can you double check this with an 360 box?

I have a feeling VM have forgotten to switch it on for V6 box owners or its a technical issue, especially if 360 box owners can see it already in HD.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Topbloke wrote:

The channel feeds are identical regardless of TiVo, V6 or 360.

The only difference is that 360 software hides the SD version of a channel and replaces it with HD, should a customer have both available in their package - subject to obvious exceptions like BBC1 in England)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The HD logo in the guide does not mean the channel itself is HD and I think that guide logo has been wrong for a while. The channel is still SD on VirginMedia.

@Topbloke wrote:
Hi @Gareth_L

Thanks for getting back to me, if you check a few post above mine, one 360 box customer confirmed its showing HD logo for him already, but he has not subscribed to the channel so can't fully see it in person. Can you double check this with an 360 box?

Thanks

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Ok thanks for confirmation regarding the HD logo thing, so looks like ZeeTV are to blame, makes sense since they have ignored messages, emails and social media post regarding the issue from myself and several others. Its quite possible they have no idea what is going on either.