cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUTUBE some videos stock on loading

stuxter
On our wavelength

For the past few days, I have been experiencing an issue where some videos are stuck on loading. Maybe 1 in 10 videos I attempt to play have the issue and is totally random.

I have reported the fault and got a call back from 2nd line.

As I could not replicate the fault while speaking to the 2nd line agent, I was advised they would have to close the ticket.

As this is totally random, its near impossible to replicate the fault within a few moments.

Needless to say, I still have the fault.

The issue is affecting both v6 stb's. 

I tried loading a problematic video on my mobile phone and it plays fine. I then try casting it to the v6 but just gets stuck on the loading screen again.

17 REPLIES 17

My V6 box receives the wifi signal from my hub.

I phoned Virgin yesterday and the guy sent some signal to my V6 box and I then rebooted it. The videos that hadn’t played before now played OK. However, later in the day the same problem returned with some new videos. He had suggested that if the problem recurred I should reboot both the V6 box and the hub and then turn the hub back on first. I did this and the same videos failed to play.

Someone really needs to investigate this properly. I watch a lot on YouTube and if this issue is not sorted I will have to cancel my Virgin subscription.

I phoned Virgin yesterday and they made another attempt to fix the problem, which involved going to Help+Settings>Settings>Network>Connect to the Virgin Media Service now. This seemed to fix the problem and I was able to play one of the videos that had failed before. He told me to try reconnecting if it happened again. Sure enough the problem returned and reconnection had no effect.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

stuxter
On our wavelength

The only workaround I have for this, is to save a problematic video to 'watch later' and try the following day. It will normally play fine then.

Still highly frustrating as youtube is my main viewing.

Good Afternoon @stuxter, can you please confirm what error message appears and if this includes any error codes?

Do you possibly have a picture of the fault to show us?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

stuxter
On our wavelength

As stated on my original post, its 'loading'. I am confident that you do not need an image to know what the 'Loading' message looks like.

There is no error code

Virgin made another attempt yesterday to fix this by phone. They asked me to change the video setting from 1080p to 720p (in Help&Settings> Settings >Video Output >Video Output Format) and then reboot the box. This seems to have fixed the YouTube problem – at least all the videos I tried yesterday played OK. But presumably this means I have to watch everything in 720p or change the setting every time I want to switch from YouTube to other channels, and vice versa.

stuxter
On our wavelength

That's temp work around not a fix.

This needs soting asap. 

Hello, stuxter, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you've been having some problems with the Youtube app.

I will send you a PM, so we can run through some further tests.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?