Menu
pdrc
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Want a V6 box but keep the Tivo box

Hi

I have just moved to the Maxit Tv package but have only got a Tivo box at the moment. I would like to get a V6 box but keep the Tivo box to use in another room.

So the questions are

How much will it cost to get the new box and is there a monthly charge for keeping the other box?

Will the second box attached via ethernet have access to all the channels?

Is there a way to organise getting a new box over the web or will I need to ring Virginmedia.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want a V6 box but keep the Tivo box

@pdrc wrote:

Hi

I have just moved to the Maxit Tv package but have only got a Tivo box at the moment. I would like to get a V6 box but keep the Tivo box to use in another room.

So the questions are

How much will it cost to get the new box and is there a monthly charge for keeping the other box?

This would have to be a Multiroom setup as you are keeping the original box. £10 a month + installation & activation charges.

Will the second box attached via ethernet have access to all the channels?

It is Mandatory for all boxes to have a coax connection to the network to receive channels (hence the installation charge) as well as an Ethernet or WiFi connection for interbox streaming, On Demand & updates.

Is there a way to organise getting a new box over the web or will I need to ring Virginmedia.

Unfortunately it does mean a call to arrange this as it may affect your existing contract.

Thanks

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks