Menu
Highlighted
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 161 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings

@Forum Team  ,

I suggest you refer back to @crypticc's post on page 13 to see what the bugs are........ His signature also contains a link to the original bug on the original TiVo (not the V6), which has been brought over to the V6.

lempsky
Superfast
Message 162 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Ha Rose_B , did you read her post,as i said INEPT... were going round in circles you have been told in great detail what this bug is,i would not employ you for free..

Highlighted
Gmjh
Superfast
Message 163 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Yes I must say I was kind of stunned that you asked what the issue is (again) and needlessly asked who is affected (yet again) You already know the answers to both questions. Can you please just raise this issue yet again.
Highlighted
tonyworks
Superfast
Message 164 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose_B. I know you are trying to help, but you really should read all the previous reports on this matter.

5 years and counting. This bug is on ALL tivo and v6. We want the TV to do the upscaling not your boxes.

Highlighted
Message 165 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Just a reminder to be aware of the forum guidelines in particular:

• Be respectful and courteous of others. Respect the fact that everyone has different opinions and debates should be healthy and never offensive.

Highlighted
crypticc
Fibre optic
Message 166 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

The guide to page 13 is correct but if anyone wants to call me to discuss and walk through why the current behavior of both TiVo and v6 box is incorrect then I'd be happy to explain. We can also cover how 4k, hdmi spec limitations and how these 4k sources in Netflix, bbc IPlayer and YouTube fails and will never be resolved until the underlying bug is resolved. Also note that the underlying bug is the same and shared with both boxes, it's just that 4k adds another layer only affecting the v6 box.

Kind regards,
Chris
----------------------------------------------------------
2011 TiVo scaling bug

TiVo upscaling output

2017 Tivo-scaling bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

Highlighted
tonyworks
Superfast
Message 167 of 518
Flag for a moderator

@crypticc wrote:
Hi Rose

The guide to page 13 is correct but if anyone wants to call me to discuss and walk through why the current behavior of both TiVo and v6 box is incorrect then I'd be happy to explain. We can also cover how 4k, hdmi spec limitations and how these 4k sources in Netflix, bbc IPlayer and YouTube fails and will never be resolved until the underlying bug is resolved. Also note that the underlying bug is the same and shared with both boxes, it's just that 4k adds another layer only affecting the v6 box.

Kind regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris for making the problem so clear. Lets hope that VM takes this on and finds a solution to this problem

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos
Highlighted
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 168 of 518
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi all,

• Be respectful and courteous of others. Respect the fact that everyone has different opinions and debates should be healthy and never offensive.

Nobody here has been disrespectful or offensive to anyone else - we’re just all frustrated that nothing has yet been done to fix this bug.....

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 169 of 518
Flag for a moderator

@deans6571 wrote:

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi all,

Nobody here has been disrespectful or offensive to anyone else - we’re just all frustrated that nothing has yet been done to fix this bug.....

Would you like to be called INEPT and told that you wouldn’t be employed even for free? I think not.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 170 of 518
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi all,

Would you like to be called INEPT and told that you wouldn’t be employed even for free? I think not.

No but then I wouldn't say stuff that was said by the forum team member in a thread full of people suffering from the the problem that was in the original TiVo. A little bit of research would have resulted in a better reply rather than what seems to be a half hearted attempt to gather information that they already have. I've come to the conclusion that the vast majorty of Virgin Media is broke in some way and they have no plans on fixing the major problems they suffer.