cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

Given up on this as Virginmedia are certainly not interested and never have been. And as of August after many years I will be leaving them.  

No harm in thinking out loud buddy lol!  Something has changed in Virgin and the customer doesn't appear to be at the heart of anything right now.

I too am exiting. I started the process by signing up to a new provider for TV and Broadband (and much faster too) last night although I have several weeks of my contract with Virginmedia to go.

Yeah as soon as I'm within a month until  end of contract. Signing up with City fibre Gigabit Broadband (Vodafone) then have Netflix, prime video and NowTv. Will still save about £30 a month. 

I hope it goes well for you both.

cotts73
Tuning in

I had this problem and it was driving me mad. Looked through this forum and someone mentioned that they changed the setting on their LG TV and it was much better. I have a Samsung smart TV so looked at the setting in the menu, Sound, Additional settings. There is an option titled "HDMI Audio Format" and it was set to "Bitstream". Changed this to "PCM" and the problem is now resolved.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Thanks for posting this Paul, it'll be really helpful for others that are having the same problem.

Thanks

Melissa

I have recently had new smart tv and this issue has shown itself up. All the other devices I connect are like half volume level compared to the V6. Xbox, Switch and the in built smart apps all ok at the same level.
Switch to the V6 and we have to double the volume.

I will have a look at the advanced sound settings mentioned but don't see why it should have to be changed if everything else is fine.

Hi BinghamBloke,

I'm sorry you're also experiencing a similar issue.

Can you give the settings a try and let us know if that helps at all?

Thanks

Melissa

There is also a setting in the V6 box menu. 

Home button, help and settings, settings, audio, dolby digital... Choose dolby digital to pcm.

Don't know if this one works so would need someone to test it out and post the results. 👀