cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

This has been going on for what seems like years and with no response from Virginmedia at all. As an example the other night I recorded a film on BBC 1 I recorded it on standard definition and HD (by mistake 😂) anyway I started watching the HD recording and the volume was so low I had to turn my system up to 80% volume, so I turned to the standard definition recording and volume was deafening, I had to turn it down to the "normal" 60% volume. This is only one example of the volume issues. 

I have same issue new customer here previously YouView and the v6 box is about 10db quieter for some reason tried the pcm bit to Dolby digital didn’t work for me is there a fix ?.

Sorry answer is no. This has been going on for as long as the v6 box has been available. 

There must be a big lump in VM's carpet where they have swept all these complaints.

so.......are virgin going to sort this or do we have to wait to page 150 for a resolution?  Disgusting IMHO

Just brought a samsung QE7590R tv, volume on 100% to watch some channels, had to order a soundbar ,if lip sync issues occur like others have, then time to leave and back to  SKY tv ,others should jump ship as this is never gonna change. 

wm29
On our wavelength
Actually, Sky took their sound volume option away from their boxes years ago. My V6 box has about the same sound volume level as my 'old' SKY+ HD box I use for Freesat. Not sure about their Q box.

cnj
Joining in

I don't know if this will be of some help, but I installed my new V6 box yesterday and its volume was also too low, no matter what setting I tried.  I also tried different HDMI cables, all connected directly to my 4K TV, but the sound was still too low on all of them.  Then finally, I tried connecting my V6 box to my 4K TV and a smaller 1080p TV through a 4K capable HDMI Splitter, and it worked, the sound is no longer too low, on either TV.

I suspect the 4K Splitter has somehow taken over the sound output from the V6 and improved it to a much better audible level.  I don't know for sure, but this has cured my sound problems and maybe it might help someone else here.

Nice one cnj, more help than Virgin has ever given

wm29
On our wavelength

Looking good 😀. Is that splitter an 'active' one i.e. require a power supply, or a 'passive' one?