cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

CDB1
On our wavelength

Errr..... How? lol.

I'm having the same low volume problems with a new V6 box I installed yesterday.

Read the notes and the final message gave me some hope but.....what's DD and pcm please?

@bigmaluk1 wrote:
Don't ask how but I was comparing DD to the pcm sound outputs and again don't ask how but the sound level for the DD output got louder and is now normal??????

@Malcolm42 wrote:

I'm having the same low volume problems with a new V6 box I installed yesterday.

Read the notes and the final message gave me some hope but.....what's DD and pcm please?

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio Settings > Dolby Digital and set it to "Dolby Digital to PCM".

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Somewhere up there is a slightly smug answer saying 'its just you then'. It's not, it's the reason I came in too. Never mind the PCM setting, it's easily 10db down on any other line input and it needs sorting. Is this some sort of ear saver rubbish like they have on phones?

ClaireEll
On our wavelength

We have the v6 with the Sonos sound bar, somtines the volume is ok and sometimes it is very low we have to have the volume on 80 which is ridiculous!!! We a brand new Sony Bravia tv

I also get random days when the volume is very low and have to go from -32 to -25 on our amp. Other times is it specific recordings which are quiet. Changing from Dolby digital to PCM and back again sometimes fixes it or a box reboot. It is most curious.
My Broadband Ping - Virgin

Hiya bigmaluk1it's Dave from Bradford. Did you ever get a fruitful answer to the volume problem? I hope you did (especially for moi 🤗🤓)Cheers.; Dave.

Holmesy
On our wavelength

Yep same issues here.

i also find that it’s up and down all the time and even more strange is you will be watching a channel which will be low and then hit the home button and the volume then shooots up forcing you to have to turn the volume down!

Virgin need to defo up the volume of these boxes as it’s so muddled in places. 

The interface is also MILES behind the Sky Q box I had. 

Same problem here, got latest LG oled tv, volume way too low sound up 90% on hd channels, if sound output to Dolby Digital then massive lip sync issues, also got a LG atmos soundbar and same program with that, worse problem on hd playback, not happy 👎🏻

Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry for the trouble with this.

The low volume issue has been picked up by our technicians and a resolution is being worked on. It seems to only affect certain makes/models of TV so the team are investigating.

As soon as we have an update on this we'll let the Community know.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out