cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 voice remote

havantaclew
On our wavelength

Hi, my neighbour insists that he uses a voice controlled remote on his V6 box. From what I can tell this is not possible. Does anyone know if it can be done.  many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Voice control is available only on the TV 360 box. Your neighbour must have converted his V6 running TiVo software to a TV 360 running Horizon software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Voice control is available only on the TV 360 box. Your neighbour must have converted his V6 running TiVo software to a TV 360 running Horizon software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Havantaclew 👋 welcome back to community! Thanks for posting. 

As the community have advised already, the most likely scenario is they are running the TV360 software from a converted V6 Box. This would also include a different remote which does have voice control. You can read more about the process of how this is done here👉 Help using Virgin TV 360 | Virgin Media Help in the upgrading to TV360 section. 

If you are interested in upgrading your service to TV360 this is done via a package change. We don't generally offer support with these via the community forum as they are best completed in real time. This can be done via phone 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text via 📲 on +44753 305 1809, or WhatsApp on +447305 327 112 .

Let us know if you have any further questions or need more support and we will do our best to help! 

All the best. 🌞

Molly