cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 upgrade to 360

Meafordman
Joining in

Moving to ultimate volt in next few days. Have had my v6 box a few years and no icon showing to upgrade to 360, also nothing in apps. Will this appear near to upgrade date or do i need a new v6 box with software bulit in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Meafordman 

Have you agreed to swwitch to the 360 as part of your Ultimate Volt regrade? If not then you will stay on the V6 box and Tivo interface.

If you have agreed to switch to 360 then you will receive a new 360 remote in the post. It's a firmware upgrade, not a new box,  so you will lose all of your recordings and series links when the update occurs. Make a note, or take pictures of yuor series recordings so you can set them up again. Try and watch all of your saved content as they will be lost in the regrade process.

The switch to the Horizon (360 interface) happens automatically around 5 days after you receive the new remote.

There will also be an update app pushed to your current V6 box, either on the Home screen or in the All Apps folder. Don't start this process before you've received the 360 remote.

There should be a handout in the remote control box advising how to process the regrade, but just in case it's not there, here's a picture of it.

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Meafordman 

Have you agreed to swwitch to the 360 as part of your Ultimate Volt regrade? If not then you will stay on the V6 box and Tivo interface.

If you have agreed to switch to 360 then you will receive a new 360 remote in the post. It's a firmware upgrade, not a new box,  so you will lose all of your recordings and series links when the update occurs. Make a note, or take pictures of yuor series recordings so you can set them up again. Try and watch all of your saved content as they will be lost in the regrade process.

The switch to the Horizon (360 interface) happens automatically around 5 days after you receive the new remote.

There will also be an update app pushed to your current V6 box, either on the Home screen or in the All Apps folder. Don't start this process before you've received the 360 remote.

There should be a handout in the remote control box advising how to process the regrade, but just in case it's not there, here's a picture of it.

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whatever your package change is, it's conpletely separate from the software your TV box runs on. Many people do convert to TV360 at the same time, but that's not compulsory.

Also TV360 is not really an upgrade to V6 anymore than Android is an upgrade to iOS. It's a complete change of box-software and conversions are not compulsory.

There's plenty of past threads discussing TiVo/V6 vs TV360, but there are some major differences and a conversion is irreversible. Opinions also vary wildly.

Headline - if you are happy with V6, there is nothing stopping you from continuing with it. If you are aware of the differences with TV360 and want to convert, you can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks