Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 picture and sound drop randomly

Thanks Roger I already had option 1 so am now trying option 2 I'll let you know in a week or so if it has worked 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Two weeks without a problem on option 2 thanks for your help Roger

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to revive an old thread but I've been having this issue. I will try this solution of using non ARC hdmi slot. 

However, a major point and benefit in an AV setup, is using ARC and also having all sources without switching hdmi sources on the TV. 

As it's nearly a year now, I was wo seeing if there is another solution to this? 

Fyi, my V6 box is connected to my av receiver (yamaha rxv585) and another hdmi back to the ARC input on my TV. All cables are hdmi 2.0 (V6 box uses the cable that came with it which I assume is 2.0 as it's a 4k box)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If your TV is HDCP 2.2 compliant then put the Yamaha between the TV and V6 with HDMI connections to both.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

thanks Roger. 

My tv does support hdcp 2.2. And the V6 box is connected to the yamaha and all sources then connected via one hdmi to the TV (ARC). All hdmi 2.0 cables 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HDMI ARC is for routing audio from the TV to the sound system, so your connection should be to non-ARC input.

--
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

But ARC let's me use less cables and allows CEC which I'd like to keep. Is there a reason ARC would cause sound issues with V6 and not any other sources?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No VM TV box supports HDMI-CEC.

As for HDMI ARC: TVs are for viewing and are not designed to process audio from an HDMI source, so they do it with varying degrees of competence. For example, it's not at all uncommon for some people to find that their TV converts 5.1 audio to stereo. Furthermore ARC has restricted bandwidth as it's a replacement for S/PDIF and also has S/PDIF's restrictions such as the inability to support advanced audio file formats like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos. I expect these problems to be resolved when eARC becomes widely deployed, but in the meantime it's best if you have a sound system into which your sources such as a V6 are plugged into and the TV connected to the sound system by an HDMI cable.

--
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just tried with every hdmi slot of the TV (rest are not ARC) and the problem still persists. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Connect your TV directly to the V6 with an HDMI cable. Does the problem still exist? If so try another cable. If that doesn't resolve the problem call VM to get a technician round.

--
0 Kudos