Menu
Cuilean
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 needs to be started twice to send picture

My V6 is a couple of years old now, and been no bother at all.  However, in the last couple of months, it's taken two attempts to get it to send audio and video to my TV, every single time.  It always powers on, but doesn't output any video or audio first time.  I turn it off with the remote control, and turn it back on, and then it's absolutely fine.  Video and audio present every time.  It's clearly capable of working properly, so why is it not outputting anything the first time around?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 needs to be started twice to send picture

Have you changed any settings, or had any software updates, on your TV recently?

What're your V6 power saving options set to? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > power saving

Does it make any difference whether you power up your TV first then the V6 vs the other way around?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cuilean
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Have you changed any settings, or had any software updates, on your TV recently?

What're your V6 power saving options set to? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > power saving

Does it make any difference whether you power up your TV first then the V6 vs the other way around?

Nope, we've not changed any settings, and there are no kids in the house who we could blame either 😉

Power saving is set to "Always On".

It doesn't make any difference which device we turn on first, the same thing happens.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try the following for a few days - letting the V6 go into standby when not in use.

Turn the tv on - and wait 10 seconds before waking up the V6.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
Cuilean
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No joy with that either, unfortunately.  

0 Kudos
smerriman
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem but only for around 2 weeks

0 Kudos
smerriman
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

having said that it only happens on the first turn on of the day, after that you can turn on and off without any problems

0 Kudos