Menu
Highlighted
Alibb
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 free upgrade

I received a letter today stating I must swap my current tv box by 28 Feb or will start to lose services.  It states the v6 is free and will not affect my contract, monthly price etc. It asks me to visit virginmedia.com/getyourv6  to order your new box.  This site does not exist  or any link to relevant page when I add It in search engine or as a www. page .  I have been given no choice but to have this box but no way to upgrade, under the terms of your letter, either.  Please can you advise how I resolve this and ensure it isper the letter and that my contract, monthly costs etc will not be affected. thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 free upgrade

www.virginmedia.com/getyourv6 does work even just copied out of your post
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, well  www.virginmedia.com/getyourv6  is a valid website (at least for me!)

It forwards to  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/getyourv6.html   - maybe try that directly?

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
amidgley
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

watch out for a price-hike when you get to the end.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
PennyLane1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I received the same letter and I managed to find the right webpage and follow the steps. But at the end of the process I found my bundle price had been raised by £16. I had to spend time on the phone sorting this out and get my bundle price maintained at current level. Explain yourself Virgin Media!

Highlighted
Afm3a
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I just went through the process to upgrade and noticed at the end my bundle had hiked up a massive £19. I can’t cope with virgin media customer service tonight...not impressed at all!

Highlighted
Alibb
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice, the link definitely coming up as non existent when I posted  this morning hence my post, butI cut and paste exactly the same link I did this morning and this time it worked  and was able to order.  My previous experience over the years with virgin is they force you into upgrades by saying you need to upgrade or you will lose services, then they find a way in a year or less to rewrite hydrogenated which then forces an underperformed package and have tried recontracting me, in a non transparent way which adds furtherindukt when I am out of contract this way too  which I find underhand, dubious and makes me understandably wary about wanting to upgrade, but your hand is forced.  I will have to wait and see what happens but am  seriously considering  changing supplier  if this happens again.  For now,I appreciate the help to resolve and hope it proved as simple to self fit as they say otherwise they want 40.00 for an engineer to fit something they insist I must have and don't really want. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alibb, thank you for the update. 

We are sorry you feel this way and we would not want to see you leave. 

We don't want you to feel forced in to any upgrade but I am afraid the legacy boxes were not what we would call future proof meaning they would no longer be supported. This is why we have rolled out the migration to the V6 or TiVo box free of charge.  

We do offer this free as a self install but as a manned installation would incur engineer costs there would be a charge of £40.00 for this option. 

Please let us know if we can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alibb
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dear Nat, from Virgin Media, thanks for your response.  My box is now self installed by me and working  but have now found in spite of being assured this would not contract me, it has!  It has contracted me on 18/01/19 the day I took out the free upgrade, whichI was given no choice about, via the link given to me in the letter, as mentioned in my previous emails.  I am angry, yet unsurprised, as this I pointed out has happened before when I shouldn't have been.  It feels to me this is standard practice, which is dubious and unethical not to mention illegal! Please can you rectify this on my account, immediately, and advise it hasbeen done, thank you.  

Regards

Alison 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Alibb, 

Thanks for your post - very sorry to understand about the contract. 

I have located your account from your forum information so have popped you a private message so we can go through security and help you out 🙂 

Look out for the purple envelope - hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos