Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V6 box stuck in a welcome screen loop

Hi this morning my v6 box is stuck in a welcome screen loop. Occasionally a box with a downward arrow appears but then goes back to the welcome screen. 

tv was working ok last night but after switching it off it seemed that the drive in the box stayed active all night. 

any help and suggestions would be great full. I have already been on to customer services but they didn’t seem to be able to help.

Thanks Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box stuck in a welcome screen loop

Hi presumably you have rebooted the box and checked all connections are tight and pushed in fully.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sure have, everything is still the same since 8 this morning

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vikingbow83, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the box, 

I'm not able to locate any details for you, let me know if this is still a problem and I can pop you over a private message. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same problem, tried unpluging for a while and checked all cables.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum borobutch and a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you to see if we can get your set top box back up and running

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Engineer coming Monday with new box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The box did eventually start working but I don’t know what Virginmedia did and they were running test on diagnostics on the connection. 

since the box has started having connection problems when trying to play programs from another box. 

and the v6 box is pretty noisy when in standby, sounds like the hard drive is constantly spinning. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vikingbow83,

Thanks for coming back to us, do you still have problems streaming shows from other set top boxes in the property?

Are you using V6 boxes when trying stream from a different box?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same problem happening with our V6 box - constantly restarting with the odd time where it shows a white arrow which looks like its trying to download something... also it’s making a hell of a racket compared to what it was like before this started this morning...

Rang customer service earlier and she said that she was sending some settings to the box, advised me to leave it switched on cycling through and to give it 3 hours to sort itself out - to say I’m less than convinced is an understatement!

2 hours have passed and it’s still cycling through exactly how it was before I even rang up...

Meanwhile, the big old TiVo box upstairs is working as good as normal (which is slower than a sloth!) - but at least it’s working...

Please can someone help???? 

0 Kudos