Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box scrambled recordings

Hi, 

My box has started being very hit and miss on recording with some being scrambled and un watchable, also the box seems to crash a lot with the light on the box turning off and the only way to get it back is to turn the box off and on. 

After a bit of searching, could be the hardrive? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box scrambled recordings

The important thing is to report the fault and a technician will come out. If the box is faulty he'll replace it, although it's possible that there is a network problem.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ive logged the issue with them, their system wasn't working for them to test my box...... said they'll call me in the next 24hrs. i wait with baited breathe...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Peterwilks19 and sorry to hear you're experiencing some Tivo issues.

Are you still experiencing these issues? 

If so could you please unplug and reinsert the cables going into the Tivo box, checking that there are no damage to any of these and then reset this? 

If this continues following this, could you please go through the following steps and let us know if this improves your services:

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Let us know how this goes.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Peterwilks19 wrote:

ive logged the issue with them, their system wasn't working for them to test my box...... said they'll call me in the next 24hrs. i wait with baited breathe...

I suspect that VM's systems won't allow a tech visit to be booked without certain checks being completed... however this just seems wrong to me. Especially knowing how reliable most C/S agents are at calling back.

Customer has called to report an issue, and C/S basically say "sorry we can't deal with this now". If the tech just ends up doing what C/S would normally do, then that is VM's problem, not the customer's. Opinion, obviously.

0 Kudos