cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Remote Not Working

Ashley67
Joining in

Hi Can anyone advise how I get a new Remote for my V6 Set top Box my remote has just stopped working I have changed the batteries but it hasn't solved the problem I have been onto Virgin Media several times but I am getting nowhere fast please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone they will send one in the post.Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Ashley67

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your remote is playing up. 

What I have done is request a replacement one for you. 

This should be with you in the next 5 working days 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone they will send one in the post.Regards Micky

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Ashley67

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your remote is playing up. 

What I have done is request a replacement one for you. 

This should be with you in the next 5 working days 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

Ashley67
Joining in
I have received my new remote thank you so much

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ashley67,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you have now received the new remote control.

I have added a link (here) for the remote control set up just in case you need it 🙂
If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 
In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.
Take care,
Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

My remote stopped working and did not work after changing the batteries with new ones..it still worked my TV volume though..I could not access the home functions to re-pair it.... So I downloaded the Virgin media remote app and used that to gain access to the home section  and then settings and to pair my remote again, and Is now  fully working again.

Jo66
Joining in

Only had this for 2 weeks and already linked it to box about 6 times and unlinked it and back again and changed batteries is this a normal occurrence?

I've had my V6 box for about 3 days and noticed this phenomenon already.

I bought a second remote and paired it. Both were working, then one didn't for no apparent reason. Looking up the subject on here, I found someone mentioned a Bluetooth device nearby. Turned off my iPhone BT and lo and behold both remotes are working correctly.

Now whether this is just coincidence, I won't know, but I will be vigilant.

The remote stopped again.  It's weird.  New batteries, set up and paired successfully.

Press one button on the remote (any button) and it works, press again and it's stopped - nothing.  The red/green light shows the remote is attempting to do something but the V6 doesn't respond.

However, the original remote works without error so I know the V6 is fully functional.

@brianwmay occasionally the V6 box will either be slow to react or will not react at all to inputs from the remote, the simplest solution is to power off and power back on the box.

It is unlikely that Bluetooth devices would cause an issue with the V6 box as the remote is specifically paired and it is more than likely a coincidence.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.