Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box - White Snow and Sound Issues

Hi, I have a Virgin V6 Box connected to an LG OLED TV. Every few hours the sound will start to blip and then will show white snow in the background, it starts as small white pixels over the screen and then turns to a large white snow bar at the bottom of the screen.

This tends to happen more on the movie channels but the only way to fix it is reboot the V6 box and then it will be fine again for a few hours before it starts happening. 

I was using the original V6 HDMI high speed cable but have tried swapping it for 2 other high speed cables and it still happens. I have tried using other ports on the TV but still an issue. I bought a new Onkyo Media system rather than use the TV HDMI and this still happens through the Virgin V6 box.  All of my other devices are fine except the V6 Box.

I also have a V6 box in the bedroom which does not have any problems. I would assume its possibly a faulty box? However wanted to check if anybody else has experienced this?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box - White Snow and Sound Issues

They swapping the v6s over to see if it's a box problem

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes I have tried this and the upstairs box seems to be ok in the living room. So the box must have an issue. 

I assume you lose all your recordings with a new box? 

Can this thread be changed to a support case with virgin or do I need to contact them and log it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi if you have a fault it's best to phone and go down the Tv faults route they can arrange for an engineer to come to you and replace the box.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps just keep the boxes swapped if that fixes the fault

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah the problem is it does it in the bedroom now. At least I know it's the box. I will call virgin for a replacement. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thats really helpful that you've eliminated all other faults, so should be an easy job for the technician

0 Kudos