cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade remaining TiVo box to V6

jswalker2
Tuning in

Hello,

We have 4 boxes in our house, 3 v6's and 1 TiVo. We were told when the v6's came out that we were unable to upgrade all our boxes to V6 as one was required to remain a TiVo. This TiVo box is now so slow it's almost unusable and we would like to upgrade to another V6. Does anybody know if that's possible, or do we still need a TiVo box as that's the box that came with our subscription when we joined? We have Broadband, TV and phone as a package, and as I said before, already have 3 v6's installed and working in the house.

Many thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo platform allows for upto 3 x V6 and then one additional TiVo, per home.

So no, you can't swap the TiVo for a V6 although I can completely understand why you'd want to!!

All I can suggest is the standard reboot to make sure there's nothing clogging it up more than is necessary. TiVo's were never known for being quick compared with the V6....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo platform allows for upto 3 x V6 and then one additional TiVo, per home.

So no, you can't swap the TiVo for a V6 although I can completely understand why you'd want to!!

All I can suggest is the standard reboot to make sure there's nothing clogging it up more than is necessary. TiVo's were never known for being quick compared with the V6....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jswalker2

Happy New Year!

It is as @japitts kindly states. You can only have three V6 boxes. 

The issues you're having with the Tivo, is it just that it is slower than the V6's or are you seeing other issues such as error codes/messages?

All the best for the New Year, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley