Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tv guide

Constantly have "to be announced " coming up on tv guide. Done all the reset/reboot etc doesn't solve problem. Other v6 box is fine and has never had this problem. This has been happening for 18+ months

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv guide

18 months, surely you have raised the issue with Virgin before now, if so what did they say, normally you press Home go to help and settings press OK then settings then network and reconnect to the virgin media network that should update your TV guide.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Called so many times iv lost count. Engineers out and state they will ramp up prob ! Dont all the settings connect to network etc ! Called again today and same old routine ! Imo it's a fault with the box as other v6 is fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is the other V6 connected by ethernet cable and the problematic one on wifi?

In any case - connect the problematic one by ethernet cable (temporarily) to see if that fixes it. If it does then you know that you just need to improve your wifi signal at its location or perhaps connect via powerlines.

Or simply.... just swap them over and see if the troublesome one remains so - and whether the other one inherits the issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem one connected by ethernet cable ! Change cable just incase it was cable but no difference. Levels are all ok as well ! Tbh 18+ months and it's still happening is a bit laughable ! And customer services went though all usual stuff ! They dont even listen to you even when you know what your talking about ! Just working through the script and flowchart online doesn't always work ! And she was so adamant that what shes gone through will work ! Lost track of how many time gone through same thing ! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did the "engineer" not simply replace the box on one of their many visits?

So, just swap 'em over. If its still a problem on that box - its irrefutable proof the box is toast. Then call and just insist on a tech visit or replacement box or you will cancel your service - and ask to be connected to cancellations.

If the problem "tracks" onto the other box then the issue lies elsewhere - the cabling, coax connection, etc. And they need to send a technician who knows how to fix the issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We did that about year ago and problem stayed with box which is why I stated to them again today it's the box ! Dont want to switch to sky as bb is garbage and it will actually cost me more and at best I will only get 30 meg bb if I'm lucky !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A VM person should pick this thread up in a day or two and arrange with you either a tech visit or a straight swap. After all its their equipment that you are renting that is faulty so its up to them to fix it.

You can switch to Sky for TV and just keep VM broadband if you want. Assuming you are out of contract then there would be no charge for removing VM TV (30 days notice required).

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Imo relying on cs working from script isn't always the best way ! The amount of problems we had getting them to realise we had next to no wifi signal in daughters room even when we used their app to prove it. The prob with the v6 box again shows up that working from script with no knowledge of how the tv/bb system works ! When I worked for vm inhouse we had senior people from call centre go out and visit with vm techs to see the problems we had with what cs did highlighted the problems ! 13 years down the line still no change !

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I fear this is one of those horse and water moments