Menu
rogercarter
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Try to connect V6 box

Can any one help ??

I have problems trying to speak to real person at Virgin Media. I have just got a V6 box to update my tv in place of my previous Vivo box. The new box seems to require an Ethernet connection, the old box didn’t have a separate connection. I really want a VM engineer to set it up for me. How can I contact them??
please help,  

Roger Carter

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Try to connect V6 box

Virgin only supply 3 metre Ethernet cables which they can send out. Anything longer you would have to purchase yourself from Amazon etc. There is no point getting a tech out except if there are issues with the equipment or coax cabling.

You can set up using WiFi & move to Ethernet later. If you start the box up without Ethernet connected it will automatically go to the WiFi set up process.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Try to connect V6 box

Can you confirm that you upgraded from a TiVo to a package consisting of a V6 and a hub 3.0? If so, then you should have had a tech booked to do the installation. You can contact VM on 0345 4541111, some have said it's best to do so at 8am.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos