cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of channels

ten-tenths
Up to speed

Area 31, we had a power cut earlier and both V6 boxes lost all channels. Boxes seem to be working ok but all channels are down showing error code W02. Service status doesn’t show any issue. Anyone else in area 31 with similar problem 

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ten-tenths 

Is there anything on the automated  Service Status number  0800 561 0061?

This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ten-tenths wrote:

Area 31, we had a power cut earlier and both V6 boxes lost all channels. Boxes seem to be working ok but all channels are down showing error code W02. Service status doesn’t show any issue. Anyone else in area 31 with similar problem 

The area codes are a billing reference and have nothing to do with your services.

Are you using the online service status, or the automated phoneline 0800 5610061? The automated service often gives more localised answers which are often more reliable for off-service situations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nothing reported on that number, if I go through the online checker it says intermittent signal issue, try channels again in 24hrs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ten-tenths wrote:

Nothing reported on that number, if I go through the online checker it says intermittent signal issue, try channels again in 24hrs

Probably best to assume then, that your fault is either as-yet-unidentified, or is specific to you.

In either case - either call into faults (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait here for a staff response. That might take a couple of days, I'd always recommend calling in if you're off-service in any way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your Broadband working?

If both TV & Broadband are still down I suspect the optical node controlling your network segment, which may be up to 1km away, may not have had its power restored yet.

Our optical node is in an adjacent housing estate & on rare occasions they lose power & we don’t we still lose our services.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Thanks all.

engineer coming out on Monday. Broadband is working ok, the V6 boxes seem to operate ok, I can watch recorded content, home and guide works ok just no channels at all. We had a series of very quick off / on power cuts so possibly something in the local network didn’t come back up.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is something (as yet) undiagnosed in the local network, then the fix may be expedited if/when enough of your neighbours have the same problem and report it. If a certain number of customers in the same area get tech visits booked for the same issue, it does trigger additional checks.

Unfortunately, too many customers "suffer in silence" with these sorts of things.

Channels slowly came back up last night, I just had a text message to say the network problem is fixed but we have massive pixelation on all hd channels. I keep the engineer appointment for now.

Of course, VM think they have solved the issue so they have now cancelled the engineer visit 🤬