cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box crashing, now no picture

Stevel52
Tuning in

Our main Tivo box started to shutdown for a second or so whilst watching live or recordings, and then immediately returns to the programme. I had put this down to the extremely hot weather that we had last month. However, the problem persists and after resetting several times, I now can get only audio but no picture. I have a second Tivo box in the bedroom that is little used, but it works perfectly, so it seems that the feed is okay.

All cables and connections checked and double checked. I estimate that the box is just over two years old.

Any advice please?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Thank you I will arrange a visit from the engineer.

Hi Stevel52, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your issues with the V6 box! An engineer would be able to run some testing on your home equipment and set up, and then replace the box if needed! Please just let us know if you still need support to book an engineer appointment and we will send you a PM to confirm some account information and help with this. 

Otherwise, hope the engineer's appointment goes well! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

All the best!

Molly

Engineer arrived today within the agreed times.

Video evidence saved a lot of explanation.

Very pleasant chap, replaced V6 box and HDMI cable. All okay at the moment looking forward to another couple of years of trouble free viewing.

Thanks to all.

Excellent news @Stevel52, thanks for the update and do feel free to come back to us if you require any further assistance with other issues.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn