cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box connection

stoopot99
Tuning in

Hi. Since approx a week ago my Tivo boxes which were working perfectly have stopped speaking to each other.

1 upstairs, 1 downstairs connected wirelessly. Never had any issues with the setup until a week ago.

Rebooting boxes doesn't solve problem. I Can see boxes but I just get the spinning wheel as it tries to connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get any error messages/codes when trying to multi-room stream?

Can both your V6 use OnDemand services OK? That's a good test of the V6 <--> Hub connection.

What's the signal strength of the wireless connected V6? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Basics first - you've posted in the V6 forum but referred to a TiVo, the two have very different connectivity. Which do you have?

I suspect a V6, because the TiVo doesn't have wireless.. but please confirm.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry, 2 v6 boxes

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get any error messages/codes when trying to multi-room stream?

Can both your V6 use OnDemand services OK? That's a good test of the V6 <--> Hub connection.

What's the signal strength of the wireless connected V6? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

Now working, thanks. Hard reboot on all equipment seems to have got it going again.