cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Network Password problem

juliebobs
Tuning in

I am trying to re-start my Tivo V6 Box, that I always access via wi-fi. I have tried to reset the Network access but it keeps saying my Network Password cannot be verified. My password has always stayed the same as that provided with the hub about 3 years ago and is working on my phone.

I would be very grateful for any help please - bearing in mind that I'm not very technically minded!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved this latest reply to @juliebobs  existing thread.

@Jodi_SFYI

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

63 REPLIES 63

juliebobs
Tuning in

As per usual after a few months problem free, Tivo requiring increasingly frequent reboots. Now it is not recognising my wi-fi password. This has always been the same as that supplied with the router.

Please can someone help? I'm not very technical so simple instructions please!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want to restart your V6, you can do so by pressing (on your remote control) Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart, and following the on-screen prompts.

Although I have no idea what this password is that you're needing, or what you're trying to do. What, and where, is this network access that you're trying to reset?

What is saying that your network password cannot be verified? Sorry to say, but you're going to have to explain the problem you're having that is causing you to think you need to "reset the network access", and how it is you're going about it.

I could have an educated guess, but I fear it could get this thread tied in confusing knots. Feel free to post photos of any menus or error messages, onto this thread if it helps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

I have rebooted my hub and Tivo V6 Box several times but cannot get a Tivo Internet connection. I always connect Tivo to internet using wi-fi.

I have looked into Network settings. I can get it to search and find my wi-fi but it would not connect.  I have tried to reset the Network (wi-fi) password, and I know I am using the correct password (the same as I use to connect to wi-fi on my tablet/ phone/ laptop) but it says the password cannot be verified?

Where are you reseting the Network password?

@juliebobs wrote:

Hi,

I have rebooted my hub and Tivo V6 Box several times but cannot get a Tivo Internet connection. I always connect Tivo to internet using wi-fi.

I have looked into Network settings. I can get it to search and find my wi-fi but it would not connect.  I have tried to reset the Network (wi-fi) password, and I know I am using the correct password (the same as I use to connect to wi-fi on my tablet/ phone/ laptop) but it says the password cannot be verified?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Within network settings. When trying to connect Tivo to internet there are 2 options, one for cable and the other for wi-fi.

After selecting wi-fi, it searches and finds my wi-fi. It then gives me the option to re-enter my password. (Initially I kept trying to get it to connect but when it failed I then used the option to re-enter the password.) 

I then get a message that the password cannot be verified.

Update this morning. I once agai rebooted (switched off hub & Tivo for 10 minutes then back on.) Tivo internet connection is now working. Not sure what caused problems last night, but I notice that the page where 'my shows' are listed has changed. Now much smaller area for text list, which is annoying!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juliebobs wrote:

Within network settings. When trying to connect Tivo to internet there are 2 options, one for cable and the other for wi-fi.

If you have a TiVo, the internet is inbuilt and doesn't use your homehub. If you have a V6, then you can either connect using WiFi or cable - but you don't get the option. If an Ethernet cable is connected, that disables WiFi. If no cable is present, it automatically offers wireless.

You can view the 2 boxes here if you're not sure which you have.

Many connectivity issues on the V6 can be solved by simply choosing "connect to Virgin Media services now" without needing to amend any other settings.

If you want to post a picture of your "my shows" screen with the problem, then I'm sure someone can offer further help.

I have Tivo V6. It offers either wi fi or cable despite having no cable attached!

also I repeatedly used the 'connect to virgin media services now' option after rebooting but it repeatedly failed to do so.