Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo stuck on configuring network

I've turned it off, reconnected ethernet to another hub port and still the box is not configuring. Should I wait thirty minutes each time it's turned off and another attempt is madet configure. I waited at least 50 minutes the first time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo stuck on configuring network

Hello

Configuring the network should only take a few secs and at most a minute, have you another ethernet cable you can try, as they do go faulty.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is it a new self-install? If so, did you call in to activate" the new box? If not, do so (activation number was 0800 953 9500) - if you just did try again as it may not have happened.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your V6 box expects a DHCP internet connection to both register and update the guide. It will fail if your internet connection is configured for fixred IP. I know this from experience. Sadly this is not made clear in any VM guides and apparently their support people are unaware as well based on my experience.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is probably a configuration mismatch between your Tivo box and modem router. They should both be DHCP or fixed IP for it to work.