Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV and error message

We have always had x2 Tivo boxes.  I have replaced one with a V6 box and since then the TV connected to the Tivo box is displaying an error message - 7400 and isn't working.  Virgin have confirmed I can have a Tivo and V6 box and that there was a data outage in the area and it would be fixed.  It hasn't been fixed and I have restarted the box a couple of times.  I've tried to contact customer services a number of times but they are extremely busy due to the Coronavirus so I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone else has had the same problem and if they could help me resolve it.  I am sorry for the long question particularly when there are far more important things going on in the world 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV and error message

Hi,

Check your service status in the settings option in the menu, this should read SS3, if not needs an account alteration, which can be requested through the MY VIRGINMEDIA app, go to "virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia", if it does say SS3, got to the Network section in the settings menu and click connect, this will perform a software refresh to the box.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you still got the TiVo you replaced? If so use that in place of the other TiVo, its likely that the other box has been deactivated and the TiVo you took out is still active.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you so much, that was really helpful. I did this and it confirmed it had been disconnected. I've replaced with the other box and it is now working. Many thanks 🙂
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's fab, I did as you suggested and it now works. Thank you!