Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV and Internet package recommendations

Hello everyone,,,

Looking for TV and broadband package deals.

We were with sky, basic TV, non-fibre Internet (0.25mbs, which is **bleep**). Deal ended and went from £33 to £52 for this. Too expensive for such slow speeds in my opinion.

Looked at virgin player bundle for £30pm, but have been a nightmare. Delay after delay with their engineers to fit the stuff, absolutely awful customer service.

BT, no dealings with them yet, but they want £60 up front for the sake of delivering a bloody router and TV box.

So I turn to you good people for recommendations.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV and Internet package recommendations

Have you tried calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [calling early morning is usually best - - but not on Mondays!] you will then usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of their great introductory price deals - and they will immediately default to offering you the best deal they can if you sign a new 12mo contract. If its not good enough just say no and try again another day. Your final option is then to "cancel" and be ready to change provider - they will then almost certainly call you back during the 30-day notice period to offer you one final deal. Take it or leave it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos