Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sound loss on Virgin V6 box

Hi.

I've had a problem with sound loss on the virgin v6 box for a while now.

I had an engineer out to have a look at it and he said to keep an eye on it and raised to see if it was an area fault.

I've been doing a bit of playing around with the audio settings to see if I can fix this.

Now what I've found is:

When my audio settings are set to dolby digital, my box loses sound when switching from premium channels like sky sports or sky movies to a basic channel like itv. This is the original problem I have had.

I've tried changing the audio settings to dolby digital to PCM and it has resolved the issue.

My tv hdmi inputs in the tv settings are set to bitstream. I have an xbox one and an nvidia shield all set to dolby digital on the boxes and bitstream on the tv and they work fine.

So why would dolby digital on the virgin v6 box and bitstream on the TV not work correctly when it works perfectly on my xbox and nvidia shield.

Is this a firmware issue with the virgin v6 box?

I'm just a bit concerned as I've read dolby digital to pcm is a raw stream so you wont get the 5.1 surround sound/dolby atmos sound to the tv?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound loss on Virgin V6 box

P.s it's a 2019 lg smart tv that I'm using. I had sky previously with the same tv and also never had this problem with the sky box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound loss on Virgin V6 box

Hi you are correct you won't get 5.1 set on PCM I connect my 5.1 system with a digital optical direct from my amp to the TV which works perfectly, hope you can solve the problem.Regards Micky
0 Kudos