cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sluggish response to remote

Dan9999
Joining in

Hi there,

I have a V6 box, and it has suddenly become very sluggish when responding to the remote control, making it very difficult to navigate or change channel. I can see that the status light on the front of the V6 box flashes every time I press a button, so it is receiving the signal, it just does not respond to every press. I often need to press the button multiple times to move up or down the menu, and if you hold one of the arrow buttons down, it now moves a single step instead of continuing to scroll through the menu as it used to.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? How can it be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LittleMick73
Superstar
6 REPLIES 6

LittleMick73
Superstar
Change the batteries.

Thanks, that seems to be what was causing the problem. I was worried that a recent update might have broken something.

markryes
Joining in

I've4 expewrienced this. resetting the box doesn;t work. Replacing the batteries doesn;t work.

Virgin doesn't seem to think there's a problem - but there is.

Every time you hit a button on the remote - the box flashes twice in response. Hit buttons extra slow and you're fine - normal speed and it only catches every other push.

Also where can you speak to an actual human being at virgin - it doesn;t seem possible these days

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi markryes,

Have you tried ordering a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link?  Order new remote 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

If you have a look around the forums - you'll see others have had this issue and a new remote, or new batteries is not the answer. Because the BOX registers each button press twice - it's possibly NOT the remote but the box. Howevber getting any human being at Virgin is a seemingly impossible task.|I'd also like to be able to switch my sometimes faulty router/wireless box too but is there anyone to talk to about it? Nope.Can I make an appointment? Nope.

Well done for noticing the double (multiple?) flashes?

Bloody remotes have broken 3 times in 2 months. 😞