Menu
RV_09
Tuning in
Message 2 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Sky UHD Content - V6

Can VM confirm if exisiting Ultimate Oomph customers will get access to Sky Entertainment and Cinema UHD content? I have had a look on my V6 and it says "Upgrage to Watch". However, other exsisting Oomph customers across a number of forums have stated they have the UHD Content working for them without asking for an upgrade fee.

It seems ridiculous that only "NEW" Ultimate Oomph customers get it for free. Typical VM fobbing off their existing customer base. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
Celtic_Cobweb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Ultra ... No ' On Demand' ๐Ÿ˜ข

What's happened to Virgin Ultra 'On Demand' ?

It's disappeared from the list.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky UHD Content

I have seen existing customers getting access so not sure whats gone wrong with rolling the activation out, have you tried rebooting V6 box.

If I've helped please let me know ๐Ÿ™‚ Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I've rebooted both STB's and still being asked to upgrade. I only went onto oomph package last week.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 68
Flag for a moderator

It is going out to existing customers with Ultimate Oomph Bundle and those with Sky Cinema on their package but currently unsure what requirements are.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Surely though if the option yo watch in UHD is available on the box then it should work already unless there is a delay activating the service on accounts.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 68
Flag for a moderator

It will need to be activated by central office, how the process this, I'm not sure!

I'm currently 'thinking' that the upgrade might only be available on TV boxes with the 360 software, BUT my word shouldn't be taken on that.

The theory for my thinking this is that Virgin are currently in the long process of upgrading V6 boxes to new version of software called Horizon which will remove the need for TiVo's services and save them a bunch in licensing fee's, what better way to encourage people to make the switch than to dangle a carrot.

It's going to be a waiting game for now until more info is available.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 68
Flag for a moderator

It's included as part a new customer Ultimate Oomph bundle covering the monthly fee for the Ultra HD add on. For existing customers it's a paid add on for ยฃ6 a month.

From the terms on this page: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/ultra-hd

Sky UHD: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD: ยฃ6 a month for existing customers of Maxit/Fullhouse/Bigger Bundle/Ultimate Oomph packages. 30 daysโ€™ notice required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick. Prices may increase at any time during the contract.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 68
Flag for a moderator

interesting.png

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't explain why some existing customers are reporting they have UHD without paying.