Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Set up TiVo box, error 7400

As it says in the title, I set up my tivo box 2 days ago, it is STILL coming up with error 7400.

I have done all troubleshooting - reset box, check cables (virgin installed it so that definitely shouldn't be an issue), called, had the robot-on-the-phone "push through a signal", the box is connected by ethernet - so don't waste time suggesting that please. How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set up TiVo box, error 7400

I assume you can see some channels (BBC etc) but with the error banner showing.

Try;- Settings->Network->Connect to the Virgin Media Service now; seems to do some download.

Also, do you have the TVGo app. does that show the box?

I recently set-up a second V6 and it took at least 48 hours to become active.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just gave this a go and no luck. I haven't downloaded the TVGo app, I've only just installed the box.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi there, could you try taking the ethernet cable from the back of the v6 and connecting to network using the wifi, it should prompt you to change network setting at the very top of the home screen, if not you may need to reboot your box for it to appear thanks, hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi mate im a field tech, if you PM me your account number and area reference i can solve the problem for you 

Lee

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************