cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Remote cannot pause live TV

venkoj
Joining in

I have a Samsung TV with a smart remote as pictured below, together with a V6 box.

s-l640.jpg

The remote pretty much controls all basic functions on the V6 box but it still cannot pause Live TV - pressing the play/pause button makes no difference, although if the TV is paused with the Virgin remote, the Smart remote can make it play again. Does anyone know of a way to enable the pause button and make it pause live TV?

Thanks!

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This would happen if you've set up your smart remote to control a virgin v+ BOX rather than a virgin V6.

You will have to try and see if there is a code for a virgin tivo on your smart remote

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’d be fairly sure that @deans6571 knows the answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

deans6571
Wise owl

@venkoj wrote:

I have a Samsung TV with a smart remote as pictured below, together with a V6 box.

s-l640.jpg

The remote pretty much controls all basic functions on the V6 box but it still cannot pause Live TV - pressing the play/pause button makes no difference, although if the TV is paused with the Virgin remote, the Smart remote can make it play again. Does anyone know of a way to enable the pause button and make it pause live TV?

Thanks!

Thanks

I have the very same remote and also a Samsung TV and can tell you that the remote can indeed pause Live TV. 

First, press the ‘Play/Pause’ button on the remote, which is the small round button on the right, above the ‘CH’ silver button. You will then get an on screen overlay, on the right hand side of your TV screen, which shows the round section of the remote. You can then either press the same ‘Play/Pause’ button to pause/play Live TV, or you can press the center round button which will perform the same function.

Smiley Wink

@Thanks @ernie for the Tag (can’t tag properly yet!)  

@jb66 wrote:

This would happen if you've set up your smart remote to control a virgin v+ BOX rather than a virgin V6.

You will have to try and see if there is a code for a virgin tivo on your smart remote

...you don’t need a code for the remote to do this. 

The Samsung Smart Remote, will control the V6 box, if the remote is set up correctly when the TV is switched on for the very first time. It will ask you to plug in the various devices into the TV, one by one, and by following the instructions on the TV, it will gain control of these said devices. 

My Samsung Smart Remote can fully control my V6 (right down to going to the Home Menu and accessing Recordings), can control my PS4 Pro and also my Xbox One and Apple TV (when connected). 

Thanks all. The pause button as dean described did not previously work. I actually had to do a full reset of the remote/Virgin box connection and now it's dandy. 

Hey @deans6571 so the pausing and everything works, but the back button on the samsung remote doesn’t function as a back button, intead it functions as the “back 30 sec” button. Anyway to fix this?

AshBash87
Joining in

I had the same issue. For almost 1 year my remote done all functions including pause then 1 day the pause wouldn’t work from my smart tv remote. It was giving me the message about smart view. 

Eventually I changed the hdmi port on my tv that my virgin box was attached to and it set the box up again in the new hdmi slot and the issue has gone and now the pause button works as before. 

I followed the above but pause still does not work. It works as a play or select but not pause

Had the same problem as stated you require to tell it it's a Tivo6 box

Heres how to do that

Reinstall as normal ie  Smart-hub - sources - universal remote

Proceed through installation until the channel  up chanel down check 

Whether the channel changes or not select NO

Repeat process several times until the option  changes from yes - no to

Yes - search nodel number

Choose SEARCH

On the search bar type tivo6  it should find it

Confirm and complete installation

Good luck