Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Run two boxes through one TV?

Hey gcfalco,

I'm so glad you think so 🙂

Here is a page that tells you how you can transfer your TV settings (series links, thumb ratings and auto record wishlists) over to another box: virg.in/BoxSwap

Hope this helps

Beth

0 Kudos
gcfalco
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Will give it a go thanks but does this have to be done within 14 days of the equipment being installed?

I'm about 2 years out of that window!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi gcfalco,

We ask that you transfer any settings over within 14 days of the Tivo/V6 becoming inactive/disconnected, not installed. This is because any saved data will be deleted after 14 days and therefor irretrievable. 

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
gcfalco
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

I've tried repeatedly to carry over the setting from the TIVO to the V6 but with no luck. I've followed the guidance at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-copy-tv-box-settings-to-another-box

Any suggestions as to what I might try next?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi gcfalco,

Sorry for the late reply,

Can you confirm if you did this within the 14 days?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
gcfalco
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I've still got both boxes - I was just wanting to swap them out as the V6 was being used as a spare room box with the Tivo in the main room.

After trying numerous times I did the swapping of setting manually. Took me well over an hour but clearly the automated process was useless, as borne out by other posts on this forum.

I've moved over the settings but still haven't physically swapped the boxes - could be traumatic if it goes as well as the automated setting move!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry it's not been a smooth change over,

Please keep us posted with how you get on once you  swap the actual boxes over 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
gcfalco
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Run two boxes through one TV? New 603 error message

Hi Alex (and anyone else out there with a clue!)

Job now done swapping the boxes although hit some issues around the internet connection to the Tivo. Sorted now.

There is one problem you might be able to assist with. When I go for VM on demand on the V6, I get a "Temporarily unavailable" error message 603. I've tried the advice at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 but still no-go. My TV is a 6 month old Samsung so I assume the TV input is a HDCP 2.2 compatible port.

I can access VM on demand via the Tivo even via the V6 - all strange!

I've spotted from other messages posted on the forum it sometimes requires a tweak from Virgin to sort it. Is this something you can look into?

Cheers!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 29 of 31
Flag for a moderator

You need to make sure that your HDMI cable is a HDMI2.2 cable, also not all ports  may be compliant with HDMI2.2.

Does the TV have a port marked MHL?  If so connect the HDMI cable to this port as it should be HDMI2.2 compliant. It would be best to do this with the power turned off on both the Samsung TV and also V6 so both boxes recognise the change.

If you are using a splitter then either the splitter, or one of the cables attached to it may not be compatable with the HDMI2.2 standard and will affect all other devices trying to output via HDMI2.2

There are a number of post on Samsung forums as well with people having issues with their TV's and HDMI output. This is often solved by Samsung sending a firmware update to the TV set.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
gcfalco
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave (and all before him who provided great advice!)

I got in touch with Samsung who suggested I try ports 3 or 4 on the TV's "cable tidy box" that my model came with.

A reboot & it's sorted!

Tags (1)