cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote not working .Red light stays on

HagbardCeline
Tuning in

Hi all
My remote control does not work. I have tried all of the suggestions a few times bit with no luck.
I notice that the red light on the remote stays on , so I assume that a button is stuck. I have tried to clean it with  a toothbrush but it has not helped. Has anyone got any more suggestions that are not mentioned , if not how do I go about getting it replaced ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi HagbardCeline,

Thank you for your post. 

We just wanted to check in and see how things have been and if you have been able to order the new remote?

If you require any assistance, please do let us know. 

Thank you 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi HagbardCeline,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Can I ask what remote you currently have? Also have you ran through the checks you can do via this link?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain It’s a V6 

I have tried other suggestions but had not seen that once. At the moment it seems ok but the problem comes and goes . I will let you know if it is still ok later 

Doug 

Hi Kain 

it’s gone again. The red light stays on and so the light on the box goes off 

I have the app on my iPhone and that works perfect 

It’s now unusable I’m afraid 

Also the volume  on the virgin media TiVo  channels starts really soft when I turn it on , pause a show or forward it 
Has the box broken ?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there HagbardCeline,

Can I ask does the issue with the channels occur when the box is online for some time as well?

Secondly it seems that you may need a new remote, with the link above if you sign into your MyVM you can order a remote from there, if any issues appear then pop back up and we'll order it.

Thanks,

Kain

Hi 

the issue with the sounds happens at different times . I have been using AD recently so I am wondering if that may be a cause . I have turned it off and will get back to you to let you know if it still happens.

i shall order a new remote 

thanks again Kain 

Hi HagbardCeline,

Thank you for your post. 

We just wanted to check in and see how things have been and if you have been able to order the new remote?

If you require any assistance, please do let us know. 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi Nat Yes I’m waiting for the new remote to arrive and  using the TV without audio description on to see if that makes a difference. I will keep you informed