cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings play back pixelated

mre15
Joining in

My normal TV viewing is fine but all my recent recordings play back pixelated. 

Does that suggest my hard drive is going faulty and I need a new box. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mre15 

Do you get the same issue if you pause a live TV program for a few minutes and then play it back? That uses the hard drive in the same was as recording and would seem to confirm it's a hard drive issue.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mre15 

Do you get the same issue if you pause a live TV program for a few minutes and then play it back? That uses the hard drive in the same was as recording and would seem to confirm it's a hard drive issue.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

You are correct in your assumption, it does also playback pixelated after pausing too.

Now to find the easiest way to contact them to get it replaced.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @mre15 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

I thought I would try the WhatsApp chat feature to get this resolved. Well thats 2 hours of my life I won't get back.

Why dont they listen to the problem, stupid questions like are my cables tight and checking signals. I clearly stated I have no issue with watching live tv.

I got to the point of asking to be transferred to someone else and they deliberately cut me off.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mre15 wrote:

I got to the point of asking to be transferred to someone else and they deliberately cut me off.

I can't imagine it was deliberate, but all the same....

Wait here for a couple of days and VM staff should respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mre15

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the TV issues you have been experiencing, I'm sorry to hear it sounds like there's a hard drive fault affecting your TV Box. I would like to book an engineer to get this fixed for you, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can!

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mre15

Thank you for responding to my private message, I'm glad to hear your TV issue has now been resolved. If there's anything else you need please do let us know and we would be happy to help.

Best wishes,

Serena