cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings freezing and pixilated

Vicky383178
Tuning in

all my recorded programmes are freezing and pixelated and I’m unable to watch them. This started a few days ago. Can anyone help with this please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your live TV ok, as that's the first test that the problem isn't your incoming TV signal. If that's fine, try pausing live TV and watching delayed by a short time.

This is also a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way. Does this have the same problems?

If it does - your V6 has a hard drive problem and will need replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your live TV ok, as that's the first test that the problem isn't your incoming TV signal. If that's fine, try pausing live TV and watching delayed by a short time.

This is also a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way. Does this have the same problems?

If it does - your V6 has a hard drive problem and will need replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks very much for your prompt reply - much appreciated :).

Live TV is ok, however, I paused live tv, then played it back and the same thing is happening ... so it looks like it is the hard drive, then and a new V6 box is required.  I will contact Virgin.

Thanks again for your kind help 🙂

Vicky 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vicky, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I just wanted to check in and see if you have been able to speak to the team regarding this issue?

If not, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat

Thank you very much for the follow up message.  A Technician came out yesterday and replaced the V6 Box 👍, looking like it was an issue with the hard drive.  Unfortunately, I've lost all my recordings but happy that the box is now working 😃😃

Vicky 

Thanks for coming back to us @Vicky383178, I'm glad to hear that your issues have now been resolved but sorry that you couldn't keep your recordings.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L