cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording in HD if possible records BBC AD instead

muddybloke
On our wavelength

When I set a series link and the settings are at ALL channels, and HD if possible it records BBC AD instead which isnt HD?

For instance 2 things recently I've recorded like this choose BBC2 AD or BBC1 AD instead.

Seem I have to select the exact channel and put Always HD now by going into the options. Quite annoying.

Is this a bug?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not a bug, but a feature of how TiVo recording logic works.

When an SL is set to "all channels" then it works from a higher-numbered channel down, so the lower-end of the EPG, towards the top.

If one of the regional or AD-variants of BBC1/BBC2 that are around the 850/860 positions, meets the criteria for an SL, that will take precedence over the 101/102 versions.

I believe that "HD if possible" will choose the HD version if it's broadcast the same time as an SD version - but the preference to get a recording at the first opportunity, trumps the HD preference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ah thanks - does make sense I guess

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @muddybloke

Welcome back to the community!

Sorry to hear you have some recording confusion. I can see that one of our VIP's, @japitts has kindly answered your query for you. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post again on the community. 

Thank you @japitts for helping out 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley